Drumstick (Murungaikai) Sambar
- 1 cup Toor dal
- 1 cup drumstick (about 8 pieces)
- 1 Medium onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Spoon Sambar powder
- ¼ Spoon Turmeric powder
- ½ cup tamarind water
- 1 Spoon Salt
- ½ Spoon Mustard seeds
- ¼ Spoon Urad dal
- ¼ Spoon Jeera
- Curry leaves
- In a rice cooker put the toor dal and tomato and pour 2 cups water and make a thick paste.
- Heat a medium pan put 2 spoon oil, wait for 1 mins and add chopped onion and fry well until onion turn golden brown.
- Add drumstick and stir for 4 mins and pour desired quantity of water and bring it to boil.
- Add sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt , let it boil for 5 mins.
- Add the toor dal and tomato paste into the pan and mix well and let it cook for 10 mins.
- Now you can off the stove and put some cilantro leaves.
- Heat another small pan and pour 1 spoon oil wait for 1 min and put mustard seeds, urad dal, jeera and curry leaves and let it crack well and put it in the sambar.(Be cautious when u do this,it may splatter.)
- Sambar is ready to serve with rice.