Food Recipe For Chettinad Special Idli
- 6 cup Idli rice (or boiled rice)
- 1 cup whole urad dal
- 4 spoon salt
- Soak Idli rice for 6 hours and urad dal for 2 hours.
- First grind urad dal for 20 minutes in grinder, splash little water while grinding and take out and keep in a tall silver pan.
- Then grind soaked Idli rice for 30 minutes with little amount of water and must splash water every 10 minutes while grinding.
- Must grind like a smooth paste and take out and pour in the same pan where you have the grinded urad dal.
- Put 4 spoon salt and mix the grinded urad dal and Idli rice (batter) by hand for 5 minutes.
- Close the pan and leave it overnight or at least 12 hours.
- The flour (batter) should come up little higher.
- Now you can make Idli in the Idli cooker or Idli pan.
- Enjoy having Chettinadu Special Idli with Sambar and/or Thovaiyal and/or Chutney.