Food Recipe For Ulunthu (Medhu) Vadai (Urad dal Vada)
- 2 Cups Urad Dal
- 2 Spoons Toor dal
- 3 Green chilis
- 1 Medium onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ Cup Cilantro leaves(finely chopped)
- 10 pieces of Curry leaves(finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- First soak Urad dal and toor dal for 2 hours.
- Take out the excess soaked water and put the dal and green chilis into the grinder.
- Add little amount of water while grinding,let it grind for about 15 minutes until you get a thick smooth paste.
- Take out the flour and add onions,cilantro,curry leaves and salt.
- Mix well with your hand or spoon.
- In a medium frying pan, heat 3 cups of cooking oil.Keep the stove in low heat.
- To make the vadai shapes,take a bowl and put upside down,keep a Ziploc or plastic sheet on the top of the bowl and clean the plastic sheet with little water.
- Take small amount of the flour and keep on the plastic sheet and make a good round shape and make a small hole in the middle.
- Now take it slowly and put it in the heating oil.
- Repeat the same and fry the vadai as muck as space you have in the pan.
- Turn both sides and fry well until it becomes brown.